Signed double LP (one orange, one purple) limited to 1,000 copies.
RELEASE DATE // Jun 23, 2017
/ Songs For The Def, Cooking Vinyl
/ Alternative, Electronic
After a twenty-five year career as an artist, James Lavelle returns with UNKLE’s fifth studio album: The Road Part 1.
The Road Part 1 is a collection of fifteen new tracks inspired following his curation of 2014’s Meltdown Festival at Southbank, their most successful to date.
The Road Part 1 is a collective creative venture by musicians including London folk-rock artist and poet Keaton Henson, Primal Scream’s Andrew Innes, The Duke Spirit’s Liela Moss, long time UNKLE collaborator Mark Lanegan, and Mercury prize nominee ESKA. Lavelle also found new friends and collaborators in Queens of the Stone Age drummer Jon Theodore and Beck drummer Justin Stanley, who make definitive contributions throughout the record.
James Lavelle praises the role of collaboration, and its important at the core of the project:
“I hadn’t made a record in a long time, and the incarnation of UNKLE had changed in that now, it was me on my own. For that reason, I wanted to make a record that I hadn’t been able to before, going back to the roots of where I came from, with a foot in modern London”.
1. Iter 1: Have You Looked At Yourself?
2. Farwell (feat. Ysee, Eska, Elliott Power, Keaton Henson, Liela Moss)
3. Looking For The Rain (feat. Mark Lanegan, Eska)
4. Cowboys or Indians (feat. Elliott Power, Mink, See)
5. Iter 2: How do you feel?
6. No Were to Run / Bandits
7. Iter 3: Keep On Runnin’
8. Sole Enough (feat. Miink)
9. Arms Length (feat. Elliott Power, Miink, Callum Finn)
10. Iter 4: We Are Stardust
11. Sonata (feat. Keaton Henson)
12. The Road (feat. Eska)
13. Iter 5: Friend or Foe
14. Sunrise (Always Comes Around) (feat. Liela Moss)
15. Sick Lullaby (feat. Keaton Henson)